Pedestrians! Make Yourself Safe
- 5 Months ago
Walking on roads these days can be really unsafe. There are vehicles moving in all directions – even on the footpath, sometimes! Here are a few tips that you should follow as a pedestrian…
- Walk facing the oncoming traffic
- Walk on the pavement only
- Think ahead and plan the shortest and safest way to your destination.
- Wear light colored clothes at night to ensure your visibility to the vehicle driver.
- Follow these six steps while crossing the road.
- THINK-Is this a safe place to cross? Can I see all the traffic properly? Make sure you are not hidden behind a parked car.
- STOP- At the edge of the road where you have decided to cross.
- LOOK & LISTEN- To see if there is any traffic coming, look both ways, many times.
- WAIT- For road to be clear and all the traffic to pass.
- CROSS-Walk straight across the road. DO not cross diagonally.
- KEEP LOOKING & LISTENING- Keep looking as you cross the road until you get to the other side.