Pita Chips with Roasted Red Pepper Dip
- 5 Months ago
This healthy and scrumptious low calorie recipe is a must try for snacks.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
For Pita Chips:
Pita Bread- 4 large
Garlic Powder- According to taste
Oil- To drizzle
For Roasted Red Pepper Dip:
Medium-Sized Red Bell Peppers- 2 nos.
Tomato Puree- 2 tbsp
Sugar- 1 tsp
Thyme- 1 tsp
Pepper- ¼ tsp
Red Chili Flakes- ¼ tsp
Chopped Garlic- 1 clove
For the Pita Chips:
• Cut 4 large pita bread rounds horizontally to make thin round bread slices.
• Drizzle a little oil on the sliced bread.
• Sprinkle a little garlic powder on each bread round.
• Spread the bread rounds on a baking tray.
• Bake them at 350°C for 10 to 15 minutes, till they turn crisp.
• Cool and store them in an airtight container.
• Makes around 48 chips.
For the Roasted Red Pepper Dip:
• Deseed the bell peppers and cut them into quarters.
• Cover a baking sheet with foil.
• Place the peppers on the baking tray and bake them at 400°C for 15 to 20 minutes or until they are dark and blistered.
• Once done, remove them from the oven and cool.
• Once cool, peel the dark skin, and discard them.
• Now blend the roasted pepper, sugar, tomato paste, thyme, salt, chili flakes, and garlic together in a blender until smooth.
• Serve with baked pita chips.