- 7 Months ago
Pumpkin kheer is a unique, healthy, easy to make recipe. Made with fiber rich pumpkin and milk, this recipe will definitely help you sneak in the goodness of nutrition in your kid's diet.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
500gms of red pumpkin
3cups of boiled milk
2 cups of sugar
½ tsp of elaichi powder
1 tablespoon ghee
• De-skin and grate the pumpkin
• Add the grated pumpkin in a pan, add enough water and cook it
• Drain the excess water in a bowl; add half the cashewnuts, badam, elaichi powder to it and blendrize it together to make a smooth paste.
• In a deep bottomed vessel, add the pumpkin, milk, nuts paste and sugar, and cook for 10 minutes while stirring continuously.
• Lastly, heat ghee in a kadai and roast the remaining cashews and raisins for few minutes.
• Pour the roasted nuts over the pumpkin kheer.
• Serve hot.
To make it low calorie:
• Use low fat milk.
• Use less sugar.
• Avoid adding nut paste and reduce the quantity of ghee.