Quiche in a Cup
- 6 Months ago
Quiche is a French savoury dish which usually has a crust which is filled with milk, eggs, cheese, meat, seafood and/or vegetables which becomes custard. In this recipe, we will not be making a crust; instead, we're cooking the custard in a mug using the microwave oven.
• Egg - 1
• Milk - 1 ½ tbsp
• Unsalted butter (melted) - 1 tsp
• Salt - to taste
• Pepper - to taste
• Tomatoes (finely chopped) - 1 tbsp
• Broccoli (finely chopped) - 1 tbsp
• Spring onions (finely chopped) - 1 tsp
• Grated cheese - ½ tbsp
• Mixed herbs - 1 tsp
• Bread - ½ slice
• Roughly tear the bread slices.
• In a mug, mix milk, egg, butter, salt and butter. Whisk well.
• Add the chopped vegetables, cheese and herbs to the egg mixture. Do not mix it.
• Place it in a microwave oven and cook on high for 1 minute, just until the egg is completely cooked and the quiche is puffed.
• Serve hot.