Safe Diwali; Happy Diwali!!!
- 8 Months ago
Diwali is undoubtedly a fun time for all the members of the family. Kids wait to burst crackers and we adults wait to enjoy the Diwali feasts. As diyas and crackers come with a small amount of risk, the below check list states a few safety tips will help you celebrate Diwali in a happier and safer way.
- Stock a bucket or two of water as playing with crackers means playing with fire. Be prepared to stop a fire mishap quickly by storing water or sand.
- Make sure you wear cotton clothes while bursting fire crackers.
- Educate children about the potential hazards of firecrackers if used without parental supervision. Awareness may not always serve the purpose. So escort them while bursting crackers.
- Ensure proper disposal of used and burnt firecrackers. Put sand or water on them right away after use for safe disposal.
- Keep ready a first aid kit as bursting fire crackers can lead to small accidents.
- Celebrate an eco-friendly Diwali by refraining from crackers. By this, you are avoiding noise pollution, air pollution and are also discouraging child labor. Choose eco-friendly firecracker, as they use good material.
- Prefer bursting crackers in open space than closed spaces.
- Keep your pets out of firecrackers. Keep them inside the house to avoid inhalation of smoke due to crackers.
Celebrate a safe, happy and enlightening Diwali!