Sore throat in children
- 7 Months ago
Children are affected by sore throat very often. It may not only be because of bacterial or viral infections, but there are other reasons like teething, tonsillitis, hand, foot and mouth disease, inhaling foreign substances like dust, smoke, pollen, cat or dog dander or second hand smoking that can be causes too!
The symptoms of sore throat may include:
• Throat pain
• Red tonsils which may have thick pus on them
• Swollen lymph nodes
• Abdominal pain
• Hoarse voice
• Runny nose
The treatment for sore throat includes:
• An antibiotic after consulting with a pediatrician
• Encourage your child to gargle with salt water
• Make sure your child drinks plenty of fluids
• Good rest will help recover faster
• Avoid giving foods which are acidic or spicy as it may aggravate the symptoms.