Spicy Pudhina & Lemongrass Milk
- 5 Months ago
A hot glass of milk pepped with aromatic spices and herbs can be very comforting and healthy. It can soothe your senses and give you instant relief from a bad cold. Lemongrass and pudhina are rich in vitamin C, which help to improve immunity and prevent infections and cold.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 2 glasses
Pudhina- 1 sprig
Lemongrass (Hare Chai Ki Patti) Stalks- 2 to 3 leaves cut into 2" (50 mm) pieces
Chai Masala- ½ tsp
Grated Ginger (Adrak)- 1 tsp
Sugar- 1 tbsp
Milk- 1 cup
Turmeric Powder (Haldi)- ¼ tsp
• Take 2 cups of water in a vessel, add lemon grass stalks, mint leaves and sugar to it, stir well and boil.
• Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, till you get the aroma and the water reduces to half.
• Add the grated ginger and chai masala, stir well, and boil on low flame for a minute.
• Now add the milk and simmer on low flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring in between.
• Add the turmeric powder, mix well, and boil on low flame for a minute.
• Switch of the gas and strain the milk using a strainer.
• Pour into glasses and serve hot.