Sprout and Fruit Salad
- 6 Months ago
The combination of fruits and vegetable in a salad makes it more palatable, as it produces a very balanced taste and texture. This combination is such that it complements and brings out the best in each other. The combination of papaya, cabbage, bean sprouts and tomato is delicious. The tangy dressing and a crunchy peanut garnish add to its taste that one must try!
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Makes 6 servings
• 2 cups ripe papaya cubes
• 1/2 cup roughly chopped spring onion greens
• 2 cups shredded cabbage
• 2 cups tomato cubes
• 1 cup bean sprouts
To Be Mixed Together Into A Dressing
• 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 2 tsp sugar
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 tsp oil
• salt to taste
For The Garnish
• 1/4 cup roasted and coarsely crushed peanuts
• 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander
1. Combine the papaya, cabbage, spring onions, bean sprouts and tomatoes in a bowl and mix well.
2. Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
3. Serve immediately, garnished with the peanuts and coriander.