Strawberry- Lemon Muffins
- 6 Months ago
These simple, healthy, and delicious muffins are made with fresh strawberries and whole wheat flour.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Rest Time: 5 to 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 45 minutes
Medium Sized Lemon- 1 no.
Sugar- ½ cup
Low Fat Buttermilk- 1 cup
Canola Oil- 1/3 cup
Large Egg- 1 no.
Vanilla Extract- 1 tsp
Whole Wheat Flour- 1 cup
Refined Flour- 1 cup
Baking Powder- 2 tsp
Baking Soda- 1 tsp
Salt- ¼ tsp
Fresh Chopped Strawberries- 1 ½ cup
• Preheat oven at 200°C.
• Coat muffin cups with a little oil or butter paper.
• Peel the long lemon zest with a peeler.
• Pulse the zest and sugar together in a blender to make lemon-powdered sugar.
• Beat oil, sugar, buttermilk, and eggs together with a beater.
• Sieve whole wheat flour, refined flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together thrice.
• Fold in the buttermilk mixture to the flour to make a dropping consistency batter.
• Gently fold in the strawberries and add the batter in the muffin cups.
• Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Let them cool for 5 to10 minutes.
• De-mold and serve warm.