Super Healthy Jwari Khichdi
- 6 Months ago
Rich in nutrients, antioxidants, protein, fiber, and iron, jwaari khichdi makes a wholesome one-dish meal.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Makes: 1 servings
Whole Jowar - ¼ cup
Jeera- ½ tsp
Hing- A pinch
Finely-Chopped Red Capsicum- 2 tbsp
Finely-Chopped Green Capsicum- 2 tbsp
Finely-Chopped Yellow Capsicum- 2 tbsp
Finely-Chopped Zucchini (Unpeeled)- 2 tbsp
Milk - ¼ cup
Finely-Chopped Green Chilies- 1 tsp
Finely-Chopped Coriander- 2 tbsp
Oil- 1 ½ tsp
Salt- To taste
1. Wash and soak the jowar overnight in enough water.
2. Drain the water and pressure cook it with ½ cup of water for 5 whistles.
3. Cool the pressure cooker. Once cool open the cooker and keep aside. Do not drain the excess water.
4. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan or kadai.
5. Add the cumin seeds and let it splutter.
6. Add the hing and sauté for a few seconds.
7. Now add all the vegetables and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
8. Add the cooked jowar with the water, and cook till the water dries up, while stirring occasionally.
9. Now stir in the milk and cook on medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
10. Lastly, add the green chilies and salt, and cook on medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
11. Garnish with fresh coriander.
12. Serve hot.