Take Care Of Your Hands In Winter
- 10 Months ago
Winter can make our hands rough and chapped. The main culprit is lack of moisture. While the humidity in the outside atmosphere is low in winter, we create a low humidity inside our homes and offices too by switching on air-conditioners or indoor heaters.
Here are some ways to take care of your winter hands -
- Moisturise regularly. Apply a moisturiser everyday on your hands immediately after a bath. Or soak your hands in warm water for about 5 minutes before you apply it. If you begin to apply the moisturiser just before winter begins and your hands start to chap, you have a better chance of maintaining soft hands in winter.
- Petroleum jelly (eg - vaseline) works well too. If you don't wish to buy creamy moisturisers, applying a layer of petroleum jelly after your bath can work wonders for your hands.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Even though you feel less thirsty in winter, your body requires adequate hydration.
- Use a mild soap to wash your hands. Avoid harsh soaps. If required apply a moisturiser soon after a hand wash.
- Pat your hands dry gently instead of rubbing them vigorously with a towel.
- Wear gloves or mittens when you go out.
- Exercise regularly. Better blood circulation brings in the required noursihment to different parts of your body.
- If skin peeling persists, meet a dermatologist (skin specialist).