Tips to Reduce Stretch Marks
- 9 Months ago
Stretch marks can be caused due to weight gain, pregnancy or during puberty. When our skin reaches the limits of elasticity, it results in stretch marks which can be red, purple or white in color depending on the individual. Though it is very common in women, men too can get it. Listed are a few tips you can try to reduce these marks.
- Gentle rubbing of warm olive oil on the abdomen, hips and other affected areas improve blood circulation and helps reduce stretch marks.
- Apply cocoa butter all over the body to reduce stretch marks.
- A mixture of almond oil, lavender oil and half a teaspoon chamomile oil is said to be very effective.
- Mix one tablespoon of wheat germ oil and one tablespoon of calendula (marigold) oil. Apply this regularly to see good results.
- Consuming fresh fruits, vegetables, almonds, fish, eggs and other vitamin-rich food items provide good nutrition and optimum elasticity to our skin.
- Exercises also play a very important role in keeping our skin healthy. Yoga might do wonders to keep your skin young and glowing.
- Consumption of sufficient amount of water is the best method of detoxification. It helps in keeping our skin moist and healthy.
There are a lot of skin creams for stretch marks available in the market. But it is known that not all of them really work. Moreover, one’s chances to develop stretch marks depend on the skin type. Such products can only lighten stretch marks, but can’t completely remove them. Laser treatment and surgeries are also very common these days. But it is always advised to consult a dermatologist before you go for a skin cream or any other method of treatment.