Understanding Weight Loss
- 6 Months ago
The old saying, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" is the best statement to tell you how important it is to keep your weight in the ideal range. Once you accumulate fat in your body, it takes a long time to reduce it and get back to shape.
Although there are several ways to lose weight, here are a few principles that need to understand to help you achieve this goal:
1. Exercise/dance can do the magic: An increase in physical activities like aerobics, yoga, and swimming can help you burn extra fat and slim down to shape.
2. A good nutritionist would help you find your ideal body weight, fat percentage and your overall vital statistics. Based on this, a diet has to be planned. The diet planned should not make you starve at any point of time.
3. Your diet should be nutrition rich and calorie dense but based on your basal metabolic rate (BMR) and body mass index (BMI)
4. Fats are a very important component for our body to lose weight. If you do not consume adequate fat you may not lose weight. Certain types of fats play a role in weight loss.
5. Roasting, boiling and steaming are the best methods to cook food when you are on a weight loss plan. Avoid deep and shallow frying.
6. Eat small and frequent meals. This ensures a steady supply of blood glucose levels thereby keeping your energy levels intact. This will make sure you do not end up starving and munching on junk food.
7. Vitamins and minerals also play a major role in a weight loss program. Include good amount of dry fruits, fruits and vegetables
Staying slim and staying fit are two different terminologies, but by staying slim it's easier to stay fit. Practice and understand these diet principles to make sure your goal is achieved!