Urinary Tract Infections
- 7 Months ago
A urinary tract infection (UTI) is an infection caused in any part of the urinary tract - kidneys, urethra, uterus, and bladder. Women are more prone to UTI than men. UTI can sometimes be treated with diet but if it gets severe, it has to be treated with antibiotics.
Some of the symptoms of UTI include:
1. Burning sensation and pain during urination
2. Pungent smelling urine
3. Passing urine frequently and in small quantities
Some tips to stay away from UTI:
1. Practicing general hygiene during and after sex, and while using toilets can reduce the chances.
2. Drink about 8 -10 glasses of water in a day.
3. Avoid eating spicy food and include lot of fluids in your diet.
4. Increase vitamins and minerals in the form of fruits and raw vegetables in your diet.
5. Improve your immune system by increasing your intake of omega 3 fatty acid foods such as fish and walnuts etc.
6. Avoid alcohol and smoking till the UTI clears completely.
If you feel any of the symptoms are severe, meet the doctor immediately!