Want to get your kid to eat brinjal?
- 6 Months ago
One of the most disliked vegetables among kids is brinjal. You might get your reluctant and fussy kid to eat brinjal with this high calorie simple brinjal recipe. This recipe could be a good choice for your child if he is even underweight.
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Makes 4 servings
To Make A Thick Batter
• 5 tbsp maida
• 5 tbsp cornflour
• salt to taste
• 1 tsp chilli powder
• water as required
• 2 cups thinly sliced long brinjals
• 3 tbsp grated mozzrella cheese
• 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
• 2 tsp dried mango powder
• 1 tsp chilli powder for sprinkling
• oil for frying
1. Combine the mozzarella cheese and green chillies in a bowl and keep aside.
2. Place a little cheese mixture on one slice of brinjal. Place another brinjal slice over it so that the mixture is sandwiched between the two slices.
3. Heat the oil in a kadhai on a medium flame, dip a few fritters at a time in the batter and deep-fry till they are golden brown in colour from all sides.
4. Drain on an absorbent paper, sprinkle dry mango powder, salt and chilli powder on them and serve hot.
5. You can choose to use the type of seasoning you want based on what your child prefers. Tomato ketchup could be a good accompaniment for it!