Women! Know the Ugly truth behind your make up!
- 8 Months ago
Every woman is no doubt fond of her makeup products. Read through to find out a few ugly truths behind your makeup and a few tips to be safe while using them:
• Make sure you remove your eye makeup before sleeping as you might wake up with itchy, blood shot eyes or even an eye infection.
• A sheer high gloss lipstick can attract damaging UV rays. Use an opaque lipstick and top it up with a lip balm of at least SPF 30 to protect your lips.
• Nail polish, particularly dark colors may stain your nails and leave them yellow colored or discolored. Prefer light colors or transparent gloss.
• According to FDA, there is no ‘Hypoallergenic cosmetics'. Products that claim so can still trigger allergic reactions. Be aware!
• Keep eye infections at bay by changing your eye makeup products every 3 months once; especially mascara.
• Sharing makeup with friends, exposing makeup to heat or light or using makeup when you have an eye infection can promote bacterial growth in makeup.
• Some lipsticks and eye makeup products made in the U.S contain lead. However, the quantities you swallow only very small quantities of it.
• The most common cosmetic-related injury is scratching the eye with a mascara wand leading to eye infections, ulcers on the cornea, eye lash loss, or even blindness!
• A product can either be classified as a drug or a cosmetic based on the intended use. If a company claims that the cosmetic has medicinal benefits, they may be breaking the law.
• Good news to all you women out there! There is no hard evidence linking the use of cosmetics with cancer though certain products require thorough testing.
Deck yourself up with makeup but remember to use genuine products and be safe. Flaunt your beauty...