Chasing away those Monsoon Blues
- 3 Months ago
Have you noticed how a rainy day can make you feel just a little bit sad? Do you find yourself waiting at the window for that sliver of sunshine to perk up your mood? Don't worry; you're not alone; and help is at hand! Here are a few ways to get rid of your “monsoon blues”.
- To start with, wear bright colours.It will lift your mood instantly.
- Write- the simple act of penning down your thoughts is a real mood booster. You don’t have to be a “writer” to write.
- Ensure that you are not idle in your free time. Read a book, watch a movie, or chat with a friend. Do whatever works for you.
- Call a friend over and make a day of it. There’s nothing like a friend to cheer you up.
- Try out a new dish, if you like to cook. It can be a real therapy.
- Indulge yourself a little bit, give into that urge for snacks and confort food. Just remember not to overdo it.
- Bring out that child in you. Go play a sport in the rain. That can be a very invigorating experience. Take some company along if you want.
- Put on your favorite music and relax, or watch that TV show that you have been wanting to but just didn’t have the time for.
There also a number of indoor activities you can do to stay occupied and feel better on a rainy day. Whatever be the activity, ensure you take proper safety measures while trying it out.
Have a great monsoon!