Dealing with sleep disorders in children
- 5 Months ago
A sleeping child looks like an angel and more importantly, allows you as a parent to get some time of relaxation too. Unfortunately, children too can have problems with sleep. If you have been noticing that your child has not been getting the required 8 hours of sleep every night, look out for these:
- Parasomnia: Night terrors, nightmares, and sleepwalking
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea: When an individual stops breathing for long periods during sleep
- Snoring: Sleep disorder in children and adolescents
So, what do you do to ensure that your little angel sleeps peacefully? Try practicing these techniques:
- Talk to your child about the importance of sleep for their health and well-being.
- Set regular bedtimes for your children and try to stick with them.
- Be aware of how your child is using media devices in the bedroom and set boundaries for use of technology before bedtime.
- Rather than watching TV, playing video games, or browsing the Internet before bedtime, encourage your child to take up creative pursuits.