- 9 Months ago
Rift with your partner? Boss on your case? It's time you learnt to respond rather than react. Get some counselling, de-stress and start living again.
- Leave the room It's okay to be an escapist. So, when you feel the anger building up inside, get up and excuse yourself. Step out. Breathe in. Get a coffee. Walk back in.
- Reach for water Just before you want to kill someone, pour yourself a glass of water. Drink it. Then respond.
- Do a quick posture check Hold your head and shoulders upright and avoid slumping.
- Bad posture can lead to muscle tension, pain and stress. It will take a few seconds to do that, divert your attention and make you see the situation in a different light.
- Develop a sense of humour It won't happen overnight but learning to laugh away minor irritants and upsets can help.
- Listen to Music, It will make your level of stress fall, hence making reaction and impact time duller.
- Reward yourself after a stressfull day by taking a relaxing bath or reading a good book.