How smoking can affect your baby
- 6 Months ago
Smoking is not good for any individual. And the outcome of this addiction is way scarier when the smoker is a mother-to-be. Smoking takes a serious toll on the health of your baby.
Let’s take a look at what smoking does during pregnancy.
Effect on the developing fetus:
- Level of carbon monoxide can cause suffocation and affect the fetus.
- The heartbeat of the fetus can be raised beyond normal resulting in fetal distress.
- The baby inside the womb may develop orofacial defects like a cleft lip or palate.
- Smoking could sometimes result in miscarriage as well.
- The baby may be born with congenital lung problems.
- There are higher chances of the baby being born with some sort of limb deformity.
- Smoking increases the risk of premature birth as well as stillbirth.
Smoking must be given up immediately if you dream of having a healthy and happy baby. If you are planning on having a baby anytime soon or are pregnant, please take action and quit smoking now!