Learn how to relax
- 5 Months ago
All of us feel a little anxious from time to time, whether it’s because you have rushing around or had a busy day at work.
Planned relaxation can help to calm anxiety and help your body and mind to recover from the stresses of the day.
The following breathing exercises may help you to relax
- Choose a place where it’s quiet & you won't be interrupted.
- Before you start, do a few gentle stretching exercises to ease muscular strain.
- Either sit or lie down ensuring that you are comfortable.
- Start to breathe slowly and deeply, in a calm and easy way.
- Tense, then relax each part of your body gently, starting with your feet and working your way up to your face and head.
- As you focus on each area, think of warmth, heaviness and relaxation.
- Push any disturbing thoughts to the back of your mind; visualize them floating away.
- Don't make an effort to relax; simply let go of the tension in your muscles and allow them to become relaxed.
- Try & let your mind go empty. Some people find it helpful to visualise a calm, beautiful place such as a garden or the seashore.
- Stay like this for about15-20 minutes, then take some deep breaths and open your eyes, but wait a few moments before you get up.
Try & do this every day & note the difference.