Take Time to Relax
- 11 Months ago
Stress is a normal part of life. In small quantities, stress is good. It can motivate you and help you be more productive. However, too much stress, or a strong response to stress, can lead to heart disease, depression, and general poor health.
Here are some techniques that can help you relax:
- Exercise regularly- Just 20-30 minutes a day can work wonders, both physically and mentally. Exercise not only improves your health and reduces stress caused by unfitness; it also relaxes tense muscles and helps you to sleep.
- Pursue personal hobbies- Hobbies can help to give the individual a well rounded life and this is the key to relieving the everyday stresses and strains.
- Try meditation or prayer- Both meditation and prayer are wonderful stress busters. Just 15-20 minutes a day will help you gain better control over your response to your surroundings. It relaxes your body and mind.
- Be social- Make time to spend time with friends and loved ones.
- Eat healthy- Eat foods that improve your health, such as fruits and vegetables, and keep regular meal times. Well-nourished bodies are better prepared to cope with stress, so be mindful of what you eat. Start your day right with breakfast, and keep your energy up and your mind clear with balanced, nutritious meals throughout the day.
- Manage your time better- Poor time management can cause a lot of stress, but if you plan ahead and make sure you don't overextend yourself, you can alter the amount of stress you're under.