Women’s guide to emotional well-being
- 27 Days ago
Your emotional health is just a term for how you feel — your overall happiness and well-being.
Along with a healthy diet and exercise your body needs emotional health and well-being too. Some ways to find happiness are by reducing stress, getting enough sleep, and having fun. Emotions are one aspect of health that often gets neglected. One cannot be healthy if emotional well-being is ignored. However, they usually are ignored and at some point, unaddressed emotional problems often result in serious consequences, from illness to relationship problems to harmful behavior.
Many of the women especially have the irrational belief that caring for ourselves or putting our own mental and emotional health first is selfish. Women are reared to be caregivers and usually put themselves last. Focusing on your emotional health isn't hard, but it may be an adjustment for you.
Some simple and really enjoyable changes are:
- Getting up a few minutes early to drink your morning tea/coffee in peace
- Taking a walk every day
- Having regularly scheduled events with close friends or family
- Finding time to be alone with your spouse
Tips for Emotional Health
Follow these ideas to strengthen your emotional health:
- Exercise: It relieves stress, and makes you feel good.
- Make time for laziness: You don't have to be constantly on the go — that's how you get run down. Spend a little time each day or each week doing something you enjoy that is completely frivolous. For example, watch TV or a silly movie, chat on the phone, play a game, or just listen to music.
- Spend some time in the sun: With sunscreen, of course. But sunlight is a great natural way to boost your mood.
- Deal with your emotions: Learn how to properly deal with stress, anger, and anxiety instead of keeping them bottled up inside.
- Be healthy inside: This means avoiding junk food and sticking to a healthy diet. You should also steer clear of smoking, drug use, and too much alcohol.
- Treat your senses: Do little things that make you happy and stimulate your senses, like lighting a scented candle, buying some fresh-cut flowers, or treating yourself to your favorite food or drink.
- Sleep: Dedicate adequate sleep time every night. Or treat yourself to a nap every now and then.
- Be creative. Spend some time learning new things, like a new language or skill (for example, music or knitting). Even just working in your garden can help you relax and feel satisfied.
The bottom line is pretty simple; take time for happiness. Allow yourself to enjoy life, fun, and relax. Be thankful for what you have, and enjoy it.