Work smarter, get more done.
- 7 Months ago
Regardless of your age or your profession, the following time management tricks will be helpful for you to achieve your short-term goals for the day.
- Analyze: Before taking a step towards time management, analyze how you spend your day. Find out where you tend to waste time, what activities consume your maximum time, and what you want to do with the time you save for yourself.
- To-Do List: In the day-to-day busy life, one cannot completely trust the brain. Sometimes, the most important thing that you need to do for the day just slips out of your mind. Moreover, with thousands of thoughts revolving around the brain, it becomes really hard to recall that one important thing from the memory. Therefore, by maintaining a to-do list you ensure that nothing is missed out.
- Prioritize: While noting down things in a to-do list, ensure you prioritize your work based on what is urgent and what is important. Distinguishing between important and urgent tasks is a bit tricky, but you have to learn it because important tasks might not always be urgent and urgent things might not always be important. If you have a choice between two tasks that are equally urgent and important, choose the harder one first.
- Space Out: Don’t cram up things in your daily schedule by lining them up back to back. After all, we all need to relax our minds at intervals. Also, there is no point in over-doing it. Be practical and schedule only those tasks that are possible to do in a day. Others can always be prioritized on the next day. But, don’t make it a habit to carry forward tasks on a daily basis.
- Stop Procrastinating: We all love enjoyment and doing pleasurable things that are least important to us. Factors like indulgence in movies, social media and gossip tend to take up a lot of time. It’s better to stay away from these as far as possible.