Another Five Cooking Tips
A few months ago, I wrote about 5 cooking tips in this section. Here are 5 more to add to the earlier list.....
- Wash vegetables before cutting or peeling. This preserves the water soluble vitamins.
- Roast / fry the ground masala on low flame to retain the color and taste better.
- If you use pre-packaged foods for convenience, always add plenty of fresh fruits or vegetables (depending on what the dish requires) to it. This is one way to ensure you're not losing out on vitamins, minerals and fiber by eating packaged foods.
- Do not discard the excess water in which you cook vegetables. Use it for gravies, rasam or soups. Or drink it as is with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- If you forget to soak pulses like rajma or channa overnight, soak in hot water for a couple of hours in the morning before cooking.