- Eat Right
- Meals and Recipes
- 4 Months ago
Avocado replaces cheese in this recipe to give you an extremely creamy low-calorie starter.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 8 servings
Serving Size: 1 slice is one serving
Total Carbohydrates: 18.5 g
Protein: 4.1 g
Total Fat: 7.2 g
Sodium: 78.2 mg
Dietary Fiber: 4.7 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Whole Wheat Baguette Bread- 1, sliced into eight 1” pieces
Avocado- 2, deseeded
Tomato- 1, large and ripe
Onion- 2, medium sized
Salt & Pepper- A pinch
- Chop the tomato and onions into small pieces and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Spread the bread slices on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, turning them over at halftime, until the bread is toasted.
- Meantime, scoop out the avocados into a bowl and mash them with a spoon to make a fine paste. You can even blend it if you want a smoother consistency.
- Add the lemon juice, salt, pepper, and mix well.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of the mixture and spread it on the bread slices.
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes and onion.
- Serve immediately.