- Eat Right
- Meals and Recipes
- 4 Months ago
The minute a person hears ‘South-Indian cuisine’, Dosas and idilis are the first names that come to one’s mind. It is a perfect cereal-pulse combination and a perfect breakfast or a snack option for your family.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Soaking time: 3 hours
Fermenting time: 4 hours
Serves – 4 (8dosas)
Coconut Chutney and vegetable sambhar for serving
- Soak the rice separately in enough water for 3 hours and drain.
- Blend the rice in a mixer till smooth. Remove and keep aside.
- Soak the urad dal, fenugreek seeds and beaten rice together in enough water for 3 hours and drain.
- Blend the urad dal, fenugreek seeds and rice flakes together in a mixer till smooth and frothy ( add water little by little as required ). Remove and keep aside.
- Combine the urad dal paste and rice paste together in a bowl and cover and keep aside to ferment for at least 3 to 4 hours.
- Once the batter is fermented, add the sugar and salt to the batter and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick pan and sprinkle a little water on it. It should steam immediately.
- Grease it with oil and wipe hard with a slice of onion or potato.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava and spread in a circular motion to make 5" thin dosa.
- Smear a little oil along the sides, cook till the dosa turns brown and crispy and fold over to make a semi-circle.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 7 more dosas. Serve with chutney and hot sambhar.
Serving size: 1 (63g)
Dietary fiber- 5.5g