- Eat Right
- Meals and Recipes
- 3 Months ago
Grilled Broccoli Stuffed Mushrooms
This delish recipe uses the healthiest combo possible- mushrooms and broccoli. Mushrooms are easy to grill and the cheesy broccoli filling enhances the subtle flavor of mushrooms. This simple, easy to make recipe makes a healthy alternative to the calorie-laden pizzas.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 12 pieces
Button Mushrooms- 12 large sized
Melted Butter- 1 tsp for greasing
Finely-Chopped Onions- 1 tbsp
Finely-Chopped Tomatoes- 2 tbsp
Finely-Chopped Garlic- ½ tsp
Broccoli Florets- ½ cup
Grated Cheese- 5 to 6 tbsp
Finely-Chopped Green Chilies- ½ tsp
Butter- 2 tsp
Salt- To taste
For the Filing:
- Heat a teaspoon of butter in a nonstick pan and add onion, garlic, and green chili.
- Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until oil begins to separate from the tomatoes.
- Add the broccoli florets and salt and sauté on a medium flame until the broccoli softens.
- Set aside to cool.
For the Grilled Pizzas:
- Cautiously remove the mushrooms stalks and separate the heads. Use the stalks to make a sauce or stock.
- Carefully hollow out each mushroom head and grease each with a little melted butter.
- Stuff the mushrooms with the broccoli mixture.
- Top them up with cheese.
- Grill them on a non stick grilling pan, till the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot along with the ketchup.