- Eat Right
- Meals and Recipes
- 3 Months ago
Guilt-Free Black Plum Ice Cream
Guilt-free black plum (jamun) ice cream is made with reduced low-fat milk, corn flour, and a sugar substitute. This surprisingly creamy ice cream will give you all the benefits of Jamuns minus the calories!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
Low-Fat Milk- 2 ½ cups (approximately ½ lt)
Corn Flour- 2 tbsp
Fresh Black Plums (Jamuns)- 1 ½ cups
Sugar Substitute- 4 tsp (approximate measure)
- Mix the corn flour into a ½ cup of cold milk and set aside.
- Boil the remaining milk in a nonstick pan and add the corn flour paste.
- Bring the custard to a boil, while stirring continuously on a low flame until the mixture begins to coat the back of your spoon.
- Cool the custard completely and add the sugar substitute and black plums (jamuns).
- Pour into an airtight container and freeze for 4 to 6 hours.
- Once the ice cream freezes, blend it in a mixer until the mixture is slushy.
- Pour it back into the container and freeze again until the ice cream is set.
- Taste the ice cream mixture after adding each sachet of sugar substitute to determine how sweet you want it to be.