- Eat Right
- Meals and Recipes
- 3 Months ago
Meals and Recipes, Jowar, Jowari, Uttapam
A variation of the usual rice and dal combination, this recipe uses jowar and urad dal. Also, this particular recipe doesn’t require fermentation and this prevents acidity.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Makes: 6 uttapams
Jowar (White Millet)- ¼ cup
Urad Dal (Split Black Lentils) - 1 tbsp
Ginger-Green Chili Paste- 1 tsp
Finely-Chopped Tomatoes- 2 tbsp
Finely-Chopped Coriander (Dhania)- 1 tbsp
Oil- 2 tsp, for greasing and cooking
Fruit Salt- ½ tsp
Salt- To taste
- Rinse and soak the jowar and urad dal separately overnight.
- Drain the excess water and grind together in a blender to make a fine paste. Use little water if required.
- Add the ginger-green chili paste, salt, and fruit salt and mix gently.
- Heat an iron griddle or a nonstick pan and grease with a little oil.
- Pour a ladleful of batter on the pan and spread it evenly to make a 5” uttapam.
- Garnish with tomatoes and coriander and cook on both sides using a little oil.
- Serve hot with chutney or sambhar.