- Eat Right
- Diet and Nutrition
- 9 Months ago
Snacks For High Energy
Fitness and nutrition are the wellness formulae of health-conscious individuals. Today's busy executives, along with the not-so-buy but want to be healthy people, are scheduling a two hour visit to their gyms either during weekdays or weekends. Certainly a positive trend, especially when the heavy workouts are preceded by health-building foods that give adequate energy for these workouts.
If you are the type that visits the gym after 8-9 hours work-day, you need to make sure that your body has sufficient energy for the two-hour workout. Light snacks which are healthy come to your rescue when there's a need for energy at the end of a long worked day.
• Dry fruits
• Low fat milkshake or smoothie
• Whole wheat crackers
• Baked beans on toast Whole wheat sandwich
• Cereal with low fat milk
• Aloo chaat
• Boiled corn
These snacks not only carry nutrition but also give you the energy boost before a workout. At the same time, they don't make you lethargic or sleepy if taken in small quantities. Don't forget to drink a glass of water 30 minutes before you begin your workout.
Avoid these foods before rigorous exercise:
• Fatty and fried foods-they take too long to digest
• Sweets-they take long to digest and cause rapid blood sugar changes
• Sugary drinks-they cause rapid energy swings and you might end up with less energy instead of more
• Caffeine-it stimulates the body to increase urine out put