Spaghetti in Spinach Sauce
Brought to you from the kitchens of Italy, this plate full of iron is also rich in folic acid and vitamin A and makes for a super healthy meal for fussy kids. Use whole wheat spaghetti to add more fiber to this recipe.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
Whole-Wheat Spaghetti- 3 cups cooked andante
Finely-Chopped Spinach ( Palak)- 4 cups
Butter- ½ tbsp
Finely-Chopped Garlic- 2 tsp
Finely-Chopped Spring Onions- 1 cup along with the greens
Thinly-Sliced Red Capsicum- ½ cup
Grated Processed Cheese- 2 tbsp
Milk- 1 cup
Dried Oregano- 1 tsp
Salt- To taste
Dried Chili Flakes- 1 tsp
- Blanch the spinach in boiling water for a minute, drain, and pep up with cold water.
- Blend it to make a smooth puree and set aside.
- Heat butter in a nonstick pan, add chopped garlic and spring onions and sauté on a medium flame for a few minutes.
- Add the red capsicum, stir well and sauté on a medium flame for a minute or two.
- Add the spinach puree, stir well, and cook on a medium flame for two minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cheese, milk, and salt and cook on a medium flame for a minute while stirring occasionally.
- Add the spaghetti, oregano, and chili flakes.
- Toss well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Note: If you plan to serve the pasta later then, keep the spaghetti and the sauce separate. Reheat the sauce with a little milk or water and then add the spaghetti and serve hot.