- Meals and Recipes
- 6 Months ago
A healthy cake for the weight watcher
Cake! Now who can resist that? The perfect way to end any meal is to end it with a great dessert- like a slice of cake. There are countless cake recipes out there. Some are filled with cream cheese, some rich and elaborate, and some, simple and easy to make. Cakes are often made with a lot of butter, oil, and sugar. While low calorie cakes can be baked for weight watchers, there are several other recipe ideas that can be used to make cakes as healthy as possible.
Here is a low-fat, healthy cake recipe:
Apple Oats Cake
Oats- 1 cup, ground to a powder
Wheat Flour- ¾ cup
Cinnamon Powder- 2 tsp
Baking Powder- 2 tsp
Sodium Bi-Carbonate- 1tsp
Olive Oil- 2 tbsp
Brown Sugar- 1 cup, powdered
Egg Whites- 4 eggs
Low-Fat Milk- ½ cup
Vanilla Essence- 1 tsp
Apples- 2, peeled, cored, and chopped (quantity should amount to 3 cups)
Brown Sugar- 1/4 cup
Oats- 1 tbsp
Wheat Flour- 1 tbsp
Cinnamon Powder- 1 tsp
• Mix all the ingredients for topping together in a bowl and set aside.
• Sieve wheat flour, cinnamon powder, baking powder, and sodium-bi-carbonate together.
• Beat olive oil and sugar until creamy and add egg whites. Mix well.
• Mix all the other ingredients and beat the batter mixture until it achieves a soft consistency. Spread 1 cup of apples over the batter and sprinkle the topping all over the apples.
• Bake it in a microwave for 4 to 5 minutes or bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for 40 to 45 minutes.