Are you a single parent?
Single parenting may feel like the hardest thing you've ever done. As a single parent, you might have sole responsibility for all aspects of day to day child care which can result in added pressure, stress and tiredness. You need to find efficient ways to find support and make life easier and more fulfilling for you and your child.
Here are a few tips to consider:
• Praise your child and give him or her unconditional love and support
• Create a routine such as scheduled meal and bedtime, this will help your child know what to expect
• Set aside time each day to play, read or simply sit with your child
• Ask for help from your loved ones when you need it
• Don't blame yourself or spoil your child to try to make up for being a single parent
• Be consistent with discipline
• Take care of yourself, include physical activity, eat healthy and get enough sleep
• Stay positive as your mood and attitude can affect your child
• Plan ahead for urgent situations
• Always be accessible and available to your child
• Connect with peers, family and friends
• Try to see things from your child's perspective as well
Being a single parent can be quite challenging but by showing your love and respect to your child, you'll be able to reduce the stress of single parenting!