Avocado Hummus Dip
Give a new twist to your usual hummus by combining it with avocado. This delicious dip goes well with crackers, pita bread, tortillas, and plain bread.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 8 servings
Chickpeas- 400g, soaked overnight
Garlic- 3 cloves, finely chopped
Tahini Sauce- 3 tbsp
Cumin- ½ tsp
Garam Masala (optional) - 1/8 tsp
Low-Fat Plain Yoghurt- ½ cup
Ripe Avocado- 1
Salt- To taste
• Pressure cook, the chickpeas on medium flame for 5 to 6 whistles. Drain the excess water, rinse the peas in a colander and keep aside.
• Blend the chickpeas, garlic, tahini, cumin, garam masala, yoghurt, and avocado until it turns thick and smooth.
• Add lime juice and more salt if required and stir well.
• Transfer the hummus into a bowl and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
• Serve along with pita bread or crackers.