- Meals and Recipes
- 5 Months ago
Baked Tomato Corn Bread Cups
This colourful and nutritious baked tomato corn bread cups are attractive to look at and would be a good snack for your kid.
Baked tomato corn bread cups
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 5 mins
Makes 12 cups
For Bread Cups
• 12 brown bread slices
• butter for greasing and brushing
For The Filling
• 2 tbspoil
• 1/2 cup chopped onions
• 1/2 cup chopped capsicum
• 1 cup chopped tomatoes
• 2 green chillies , finely chopped
• 2 cups boiled sweet corn kernels
• salt to taste
• 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
• 1/4 cup grated processed cheese
For the bread cups
1. Remove the crust from the bread slices.
2. Wrap the bread slices in a muslin cloth and steam them for 5 to 7 minutes in a steamer.
3. Roll a little with a rolling pin and press into the cavities of a greased muffin tray.
4. Brush with melted butter and bake in hot oven at 200ºC for 10 minutes or until crisp. Keep aside.
For the filling
1. Heat the oil in a pan; add onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
2. Add capsicum, tomatoes and green chillies and cook for 5 minutes over a medium flame.
3. Add corn and salt and cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Divide the filling into 12 equal portions. Keep aside.