Cabbage Chicken Soup
Cabbage chicken soup is rich in proteins and low on calories. It's easy to make and a wonderful recipe for weight watchers.
• 4 cups water
• 3 cups chicken broth
• 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
• 1/2 stalk celery, chopped
• 4 onions, green, chopped with tops
• 1 potato, peeled and diced (Boiled)
• 1 bay leaf
• Salt to taste
• 3 cups cabbage, shredded
• 1 cup chicken
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
1. In a large soup pot, combine water, broth, tomatoes, celery, onion, potato, bay leaf and salt.
2. Simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Add the cabbage, chicken, lemon juice, and sugar. Remove the bay leaf and serve.
You may have this soup before your main meal. This can also be a mid-morning meal or an evening snack.