- Meals and Recipes
- 5 Months ago
Chicken with Honeyed Onions
Skinned out chicken is a good source of high biological value protein. Fried Chicken is not a healthy option for a person planning to lose weight. Here we bring you the recipe of ‘chicken with honey and onions'. This recipe is rich in protein and good carbohydrates.
• Preparation time - 3hours
• Cooking time - 25 minutes
• Serves - 6
• 6 chicken leg pieces
For Yoghurt marinade:
• 1 tablespoon chopped mint
• 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
• 1 cup yogurt
• 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
• 1 tablespoon mint paste
For Honeyed onions
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 onions
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 tablespoon red vinegar
For Garnishing: Finely chopped spring onions and, red and yellow peppers can be used to add color
1. To make marinade: place mint, garlic, yoghurt, mustard and mint sauce in a large glass bowl and mix.
2. Add chicken pieces, turn to coat, cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
3. Preheat Barbeque plate to medium heat.
4. Honeyed onions: heat oil on barbeque plate, add onions and cook, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes. Add honey and vinegar and cook, stirring, for 5 more minutes.
5. Drain chicken, place on lightly oiled Barbeque and cook each side for 2-3 minutes.
6. Serve topped with onions.
Share your favorite chicken or barbeque recipe with us and we will give it a makeover! Go to "tools --> recipe makeover".