- Skin, Hair and Beauty
- 5 Months ago
Do you have a prickly heat rash?
Prickly heat, also known as miliaria rubra is an itchy rash of small, raised red spots that causes a tingling sensation on the skin. This can develop anywhere on the body but commonly occurs on the face, neck, back, chest and thighs. Prickly heat rash usually occurs when a person sweats more than usual and the body's sweat glands become blocked.
Here's what you can do to treat a prickly heat rash:
• Avoid heat and humidity and stay in the shade as much as you can. Further exposure to heat will cause you to sweat more and may worsen your rash
• Wear loose cotton clothing and clothing that has breathable fabric
• Stay in an air conditioned room for a few hours in a day as it will give you considerable relief
• Use an antiseptic or antibacterial to cleanse your skin
• Drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration
• Do not scratch the rashes
• Take a cool shower and soothe your skin to help prevent further sweating
• Use simple creams or lotions to soothe your skin (an example is calamine lotion)
• Avoid using creams which can block the skin pores
• Keep the sleeping area cool and well-ventilated
In order to prevent prickly heat rash, avoid situations that lead to excessive sweating!