- Meals and Recipes
- 4 Months ago
Fat-Free Suran Tikkis
This unique combination of suran and chana dal along with mint and chaat masala, make these tikkis delicious and a must try. You can avoid garlic if you would prefer a milder, simpler taste. As these tikkis are cooked without any oil, they are also very healthy.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 6 tikkis
Channa Dal (Split Bengal Gram)- ½ cup
Sliced Onions- ½ cup
Grated Ginger (Adrak)- 1 ½ tsp
Chopped Garlic (Lehsun)- 1 tsp
Green Chilies, Chopped- 2 nos.
Finely-Chopped Yam (Suran)- ½ cup
Chopped Mint Leaves (Pudina)- ¼ cup
Chaat Masala- 1 tbsp
Garam Masala- ¼ tsp
Salt- To taste
• Heat a non-stick pan and dry roast channa until it turns light pink in color.
• Cool the channa dal and grind it to make a fine powder, and keep aside.
• In the same pan dry roast onions, garlic, ginger, and green chilies until the onions are slightly brown in color.
• Add the chopped suran, ½ cup water, cover, and cook on slow flame until the suran turns soft and all the moisture is out.
• Cool and blend the suran mixture along with mint. ( do not use water)
• Mix the channa dal powder, suran mixture, garam masala, salt, and chaat masala together.
• Divide the mixture into 6 equal parts and make round tikkis out of it.
• Heat the non-stick pan and cook them on both sides, until they turn golden brown.
• Serve hot along with mint chutney or ketchup.
Note: Always use a non-stick pan for cooking.