- Skin, Hair and Beauty
- 4 Months ago
Five natural ways to fight acne
Are you tired of going through product after product in order to get rid of your acne problem? Here a few simple and natural remedies to treat acne without burning a hole in your pocket.
- Steam: A facial steam routine at bedtime with essential oils and tea added to the steaming water helps in opening up the pores. Steaming is part of the deep cleansing routine and is highly essential for acne-prone skin. It clears pores and removes excessive oil and debris.
- Lemon & Honey: It is the most effective natural remedy for acne. Take a slice of lemon, smear it with honey and apply it on your face. Wait for 2 minutes and wash it with cold water. This remedy not only moisturizes your skin but also dries out the acne.
- Tomatoes: They are rich in skin-friendly vitamins and antioxidants that help in curing acne. Take a slice of tomato and rub it on your skin. Leave it on for 5 minutes and wash it with cold water.
- Yogurt & Cucumber Face Pack: Cucumbers being rich in vitamin C are good for treating skin irritation and swelling. The combination of yogurt and cucumber makes for an effective antifungal and antibacterial face mask. Mix a teaspoon of cucumber paste with half teaspoon of yogurt. Gently massage this mixture onto your face and wash with luke warm water.
- Clay Masks: Natural clay masks detoxify the skin and prevent acne. Clay masks work better on oily skin and must not be used more than twice a week.