How to become an early riser?
The moment your alarm goes on and you tell yourself "just another 10 minutes" and you snooze, you know what happens next! Familiar? Now imagine getting up without being tired and buzzing with energy throughout the day, think it's impossible? The truth is it is possible, with a little bit of planning and some understanding of early rising; you can make the change from being a sleepyhead to an early riser.
Here are a few simple steps to help you become an early riser:
• Have a reason to get up: Think about why you would like to have more time in your life. What drives and motivates you? It could be making a healthy breakfast for yourself or exercising to be fit, this will help you get up early.
• Go to bed early: Turn off the television, read your last chapter or check Facebook for a last time at least 8 hours before the time you want to wake up. If you maintain this habit, you definitely won't sleep late and you will be able to wake up earlier than usual.
• Reduce your caffeine intake: Remember that having more caffeine will contribute to those late nights.
• Keep your alarm clock far from your reach: If your alarm clock is right next to you, you're more likely to shut it off and hit snooze. But if it is far from your reach, you have to get out of bed to shut it off. By then, you're up.
• Calm your mind before going to bed: Make it a habit to relax for about 20-30 minutes before going to bed. It will help you fall asleep faster.
• Do not rationalize: The more you allow your brain to talk you out of getting up early, you'll never do it. Hence, don't rationalise and don't make getting back in bed an option.