- Post Natal Care!
- 7 Months ago
Let Your Skin Shine with Motherhood
Is your pregnancy being harsh on you by making your skin more oily or causing heat rashes or discolorations and not giving you the glow that you always wished for? Thank the hormones at work. They not only gun for your face but even your back, breasts and hips. It is time to pay special attention to your skin. Here are a few tips:
- If your skin is getting dry or itchy, prefer baths with lukewarm water (as hot water aggravates dryness), and use mild soaps or soap substitutes.
- Keep yourself well hydrated. Pregnancy demands high intake of water. So drink up. Keep your skin supple by consuming good fats from nuts and oil seeds.
- To fight eczema, stay cool and make sure your skin doesn't dry up or come in contact with any potential irritants like detergents, perfumes, wool or jewelry. Anxiety can make eczema worse. So try to control your stress.
- Wear loose-fitting cotton clothes to avoid heat rashes and boils.
- A balanced diet with cereals, dals, sprouts, vegetables, fruits, dairy products and nuts can make you look good, as the nutrients will take care of your skin making it glow naturally. Protect yourself with a sunscreen lotion whenever you venture out in the sun.
- To get rid of pimples, wash your face with a gentle cleanser twice a day and exfoliate. Pamper it with an oil-free moisturizer and keep your hand off your face.
- Let your little one feel the warmth of your beautiful skin. Pamper it!