- Meals and Recipes
- 5 Months ago
Low-Fat Garden salad
Create your own creamy, low-fat salad with garden fresh vegetables and greens. Rich in protein, vitamin A, folic acid and fiber, this recipe will definitely help you nourish your skin and fight infections.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 0 Minutes
Makes: 4 servings
For the dressing:
Thick low-fat curd -2 Tbsp
Skimmed milk powder- 1 tsp
Lemon juice- 1 tsp
Finely chopped celery- 1 Tbsp
Finely chopped coriander - 1 tsp
Sugar- 1 tsp
Mustard powder- ¼ tsp
salt and black pepper powder to taste
For the salad:
Carrot cubes- ½ cup
Red and yellow bell peppers- ½ cup
Baby corn (cut into rounds) - ½ cup
Bean sprouts- ½ cup
Lettuce leaves - ½ cup
Purple cabbage- ½ cup
Shredded spinach- 1 cup
Chopped spring onion greens- 1 Tablespoon
For the salad dressing:
• Combine curd, skimmed milk powder, lemon juice, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl.
• Add little water and whisk it together till smooth.
• Mix chopped celery and coriander and chill it in a refrigerator.
How to make the salad:
• Make the vegetables crisp by adding them in ice cold water for 5 minutes.
• Drain the vegetables and wrap them in a muslin cloth to remove excess water.
• Mix the vegetables and dressing together.
• Serve chilled.