Makai upma is a sweet and spicy recipe made from fresh tender corn and Indian spices. You can have this yummy recipe in your breakfast as well as snacks.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
Fresh sweet corn kernels - 1 cup
Mixed vegetables- ½ cup (Chopped carrot, french peas, green peas, red-yellow bell peppers)
Mustard seeds- ½ tsp
Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
Curry leaves- 2-3 no
Green chillies- 2 no
Hing- a pinch
Milk - ½ cup
Sugar - 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice - Few drops
Chopped coriander - 1 Tbsp
Oil- 2 tsps
Salt to taste
1. Blenderize corn in a mixer and keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard, cumin, green chilies, curry leaves and let it splutter.
3. Add hing, vegetables and corn and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Now add milk, sugar and salt and cook for 5-10 minutes.
5. Lastly, add lemon juice and mix well.
6. Garnish with fresh coriander.
7. Serve hot.
• Do not blenderize the corn too much. Keep it coarse
• You can use normal corn instead of sweet corn.
• Add salt at the end to avoid splitting of milk.
• You can add boiled sprouts to increase protein further.