- Meals and Recipes
- 5 Months ago
Methi Garlic naan
Made with methi and soya flour, this recipe is an excellent dish for diabetics, as it helps in reducing their blood glucose levels.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 8 naans
Whole wheat flour- 1 cup
Soya flour- ¼ cup
Finely chopped methi- ¼ cup
Dry yeast- ½ tsp
Oil- ½ tsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
Finely chopped garlic- 8 tsps
1 tsp olive oil for brushing
• Mix sugar and yeast along with 2 tbsps of water in a bowl, cover and keep aside till the yeast swells up.
• Mix wheat flour, soya flour, yeast-sugar mixture, salt, oil and fenugreek leaves together in a bowl. Knead it using enough water to make soft, smooth dough.
• Cover the dough with a lid or wet muslin cloth and allow it to prove and double in size.
• Divide the dough into 8 equal parts
• Take a small portion of dough, sprinkle a little garlic over it and role it into a slightly thick naan.
• Heat a non-stick tava and cook the naan on one side till it puffs up slightly and then turn over.
• Now cook it on the other side till it puffs up a little and then roast it on an open flame till it turns golden brown on both sides.
• Brush the naan with 1/8 tsp of oil and serve immediately.