Mixed Seed Mukhwas
- 6 Months ago
This wonderful post-dinner mukhwas contains various seeds rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids help to increase the good cholesterol (HDL), improve immunity, and also contributes to beautiful glowing skin. Mukhwas is an easy way of consuming these seeds. Do give a try to this tongue-teasing mix of mukhwas.
Preparation Time: 2 minutes
Cooking Time: 3 minutes
Makes: 1 cup
Flaxseeds (Alsi or Alshi)- ¼ cup
White Sesame Seeds (Till)- ¼ cup
Black Sesame Seeds (Kala Till)- ¼ cup
Fennel Seeds (Sauf)- ¼ cup
Lemon Juice- 1 tbsp
Salt- ½ tsp
Powdered Sugar- ½ tsp
• Mix all the seeds in a bowl, add lemon juice and salt, and mix. Keep aside for an hour.
• Heat a nonstick tawa on medium flame; add the mixture and dry roast for about 2 to 3 minutes until it starts giving out a good aroma (or) you can also microwave it for 30 seconds on high power.
• Turn off the stove and cool slightly.
• Now add the powdered sugar and mix well.
• Cool it well and store in an air-tight container.
Note: Make sure you don't over roast the seeds as it can lead to the loss of omega-3 fatty acids.