Roasted Brinjal & Chickpea Hummus
Make your snacks healthy with brinjal & chickpea hummus. Have it as a dip with khakra or vegetable/bread sticks or just have it the traditional way along with your pita bread.
Preparation Time: 8 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
King size Brinjal- 1 big
Chickpeas soaked, boiled and drained- 1 cup
Black pepper powder- ¼ tsp
Parsley- 1/3 cup
Olive oil- 1/3 cup
Garlic- 2 cloves
Lemon juice- 3 Tablespoons
Salt to taste
• Pre- heat the oven to 200 degree Celsius.
• Place the brinjal on the oven sack and roast it for 20-25 minutes till it's a little burnt from the outside.
• In case you do not have an oven, roast it directly on the gas till it gets a little burnt from the outside, while turning occasionally.
• When the brinjal is cooled, de-skin it and keep aside.
• In a food processor, add the cooled brinjal, chickpeas, parsley, lemon juice, garlic, black pepper powder and salt and pulse it coarsely.
• Now, start adding 1/3 cup olive oil, while the machine is running and continue till the mixture is soft and creamy.
• Serve the hummus in a dipping bowl along with some sliced vegetable sticks or khakra.
• Reduce the quantity of olive oil to make it low fat.
• You can use low fat hung curd instead of olive oil for a creamy texture.