- Meals and Recipes
- 4 Months ago
What better way to enjoy the monsoons than with a cup of hot beverage. Enjoy this thick sago soup flavored with soya and lemon, and cooked with carrots and onions on a cold rainy day. It is sure to lift your spirits up. This turns out to be a wonderful recipe when the soya sauce, lemon juice, and sugar are well balanced.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Vegetable Stock- 4 cups
Sago (Sabudana)- 2 tbsp
Onion- 1 small, sliced into thin strips
Carrot- 1, cut into thin strips
Soya Sauce- 1 tsp
Lemon Juice- 1 tsp
Sugar- ½ tsp
Pepper Powder- ¼ tsp
Salt- To taste
For the Garnish
Spring Onion- 1, finely chopped into rings
Coriander Leaves- 1 teaspoon, chopped
1. Mix the vegetable stock and sago together in a pan.
2. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes till the sago turns tender.
3. Add the onions and carrots, and simmer again for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Add the soy sauce, lemon, sugar, pepper powder, and salt.
5. Serve hot, generously garnished with spring onions and coriander.