Sesame and Jowar Bread Sticks
- 6 Months ago
Tired of searching for a healthy snack for your baby and looking for interesting ways to introduce different kinds of cereal in his diet? Try this recipe of wholesome bread sticks.
Sesame Jowar Bread sticks:
Preparation Time: 1 min
Baking Time: 40 mins.
Baking Temperature: 140°C.
Makes 32 sticks
• 1/4 cup jowar flour
• 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
• 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
• 1/2 tsp fresh yeast
• salt to taste
• 1 tbsp butter
1. Combine all the ingredients and knead into soft dough using enough water.
2. Add the butter and knead again till the dough is smooth and elastic.
3. Cover with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes.
4. Divide the dough into 2 equal parts and roll out each portion into a 100 mm X 125 mm (4" x 5") sheet of 6 mm (¼") thicknesses.
5. Cut each sheet into 6 mm (¼") wide strips and separate them. Roll them individually so that they are circular and have no rough edges which can hurt your baby's gums.
6. Place them on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 140ºc (285°F) for 40 minutes or till the bread sticks are crisp and golden brown.
7. Cool and store in an air-tight container.